Walmart Retail Program
Imagine having access to thousands of prospects without driving hundreds of miles. Participating in a retail program is a great way to increase your community exposure and generate more sales during the AEP by reaching prospects you otherwise could not. We’re pleased to announce that PIMSCO agents have access to the Healthcare Begins Here program at participating Walmart locations nationwide!
- SALES Opportunity. Thousands of people visit a Walmart in your community every day. Now that the opportunity includes both ACA and Medicare Advantage products, everyone who walks by is a potential sale.
- Referral Opportunity. Although you may not sell to everyone that visits your booth, you will be giving them your business card and making them aware of your expertise. If treated well, they will tell their friends and family.
- Advertising Opportunity. Walmart wants to become the #1 healthcare provider in the industry; so the opportunity to purchase health insurance in stores will be heavily advertised by Walmart, steering more potential customers to your booth.
- Recognition Opportunity. For several weeks, customers will see you as they go about their shopping, associating you with answers to their healthcare questions.
- Branding from the largest retailer in the United States. Walmart provides in-store support, and in-store awareness with a kiosk, special literature, signs, brochures and posters.
- Supercenters have more traffic than the traditional Walmart stores, and the traditional stores generally have more traffic than Neighborhood Markets.
- Visit the stores to see if the clientele fits your target demographic. Just because the store is close to your house doesn’t mean it serves a large Medicare population.
- Pay attention to drive time. A store that’s 30 minutes away now may be an hour away with traffic.
- Runs from October 7th to December 14th
- Agents must be appointed with at least 2 of the top 3 MA carriers in their local market
- $500 fee per store, due immediately upon request
- Staff a minimum of 20 hours, 3 days per week
- Report your daily activity (visitors, appointments, sales, etc.)
- Medicare Advantage certifications must be completed by September 7th, 2019
- Store requests are not guaranteed, so act fast